Monday, February 8, 2010

Stained Glass

The windows on the south wall were brilliant yesterday, so I ran home and got the camera.





The north windows miss the sunshine, but made for better exposure:



The quilt to the right is actually older than the building. Each square is embroidered with the family names of the original Methodist (now United) congregation.



With some closer attention I could have taken better pictures, but there's only so much "tech" fiddlin' I care to do whilst parishioners file in to worship.

3 comments:

Laura Goff said...

Those are beautiful stained glass windows. Thank you for posting them. The Martha and Mary window is a different style than the others. Was that one made by a different artist?

Laura Goff Parham
State of the Art, Inc
Stained Glass Studio
http://www.sotaglass.com

Whisky Prajer said...

Thanks Laura. I'll look into that and get back to you.

Whisky Prajer said...

Laura, I'm having trouble finding a church historian who knows the window origins. I know the windows were recently restored by the McCauslands, and some of the older people I've talked to seem fairly sure Robert McCausland originally did all four. It remains an open question, though, and I will update as details come in -- Darrell Reimer